Sunday 16 October 2011

Let me introduce myself and GameByte


“A man is but the product of his thoughts”, my favorite quote which I believe is very accurate. My name is Simon; I grew up in South Africa, a very beautiful country. I started working with computers at the age of 10, broke a couple a few times but learned from my mistakes. Throughout the years I have been learning from experience with computers, learning how to handle hardware, fix software, graphic design, video design and but not limited to web development. When I was 11 I experienced my first internet surf and remember my dad telling me, “there is no child your age I know of that surfs the internet and plays with computers as much as you!” at that time I did not know what that meant but now I think it means when you do something from a small age and continue practicing that specific hobby, You become good at it.

I have done a lot of work throughout the internet and landed myself a job at MSite Design Studio focusing on graphic design and basic web development. I decided that I wanted to make a website of my own, a website that is proudly South African, I started working on a large gaming website because I thought though SA has many gaming websites, SA does not have one with convenience, one would have to go through hundreds of sites to find cheats, walkthroughs, patches and what not for that specific game. So after 1 hard working year, I finally completed the project I have been working on, GameByte.

GameByte is a gaming site that offers one previews, reviews, news on gaming, cheats, game guides, patches and a community forum to have discussions and support on games, software or hardware related issues. The site is very intuitive with a clean layout and easy navigation.  I hope the site will grow and become popular in the future, even the name I think is great. So that is my first blog post, now you know a little about me. I will be posting in future on various topics so stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment