Monday 17 October 2011

My time in Tamriel - The Elder Scrolls

Once again the time has come where one waits in anticipation for the next episode of probably one of the greatest RPG series The Elder Scrolls. I remember when I was first introduced to the series which was The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind, I was so into the game that I travelled to a house in Balmora and killed the resident just so that the house can become mine, I spent most of my time collecting swords and cool armor to decorate my house with, by the time I was done I found out that there are actually quests to do and that Balmora was not the only city in Morrowind.


By the instant I stopped playing Morrowind, I was reading a NAG magazine when I saw an advert of The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, my mouth dropped, my eyes filled with tears of joy, the time had come to be a zombie on my computer once again, knowing that my number one priority was to get that game! I thought to myself, Morrowind was like the god of RPGs and probably at that time the god of games as well, if there is now a new sequel to it, it should be as good as getting laid or even better. So the time came when I started playing oblivion, the magical world I was in, the virtual friend I had met that needed my personal help to get her family heirloom returned. I was HOOKED! I became a dark brotherhood member; assassinating people while at the same time became the hero of Kvatch, the beautiful landscape that struck me in awe. I had been playing for ages then eventually pulled me out of the oblivion addiction trap.



So time passed when all of a sudden I see a trailer on the internet showcasing what I could not believe The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. The way I rushed to install oblivion back onto my pc so I could jam the hell out of it was all because of one known fact to me, there is another series of the elder scrolls that is going to be released. I saw Skyrim's second trailer with actual gameplay footage and could not believe what my mind was interpreting through my eyes, once again I was struck in awe.



Now I have been preparing myself to be immersed in the world of Tamriel, to be the last Dragonborn and fight my way becoming stronger, richer, older, wiser and known to the whole of Skyrim, I will protect the people with my might and magic but until then I will wait a few more days patiently until I get sucked in Bethesda's black hole of addiction. I don't know how Bethesda did it but I already know I will get that game and love it! Thanks for reading guys and I know that all elder scrolls fans feel almost the same way, until the release - Dragonborn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment